Dr. Tuba Yavuz

I am an Associate Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department at the University of Florida. My research is in the intersection of formal methods, software engineering, and system security. I received an NSF CAREER Award in 2020. The overarching  goal of my research group, System Reliability Lab (SysRel), is to develop scalable and automated model extraction techniques for improving the reliability and security of the Internet of Things ecosystem.

Before joining the ECE Department, I have worked as a Research Scientist at the Computer and Information Sciences and Engineering (CISE) Department at UF between 2004 and 2014. I received the College of Engineering Teacher of the Year award in 2014. I am still affiliated with the CISE Department as a graduate faculty.

I received my Ph.D. in computer science from the Computer Science Department of University of California, Santa Barbara in 2004. My Ph.D. thesis was on “Specification and Automated Verification of Concurrency Controller Components” and was supervised by Tevfik Bultan.